Jan 15, 2013

Mentors

In the world of work, I have learnt recently, that there are as many opinions as there are people. And people love to paste their opinions on you, specially about you! Its like they love to do a summary analysis of another's life love and career and pass their esteemed judgement on the matter in a precious call - on session of 10 mins tops. 

Then there are idiots like me who takes each one seriously, mulls over it endlessly and in the process, manage to completely confuse issues about my own life regarding which I was fairly clear say about a month back! I know that's terribly silly of me but when so many 'experienced' voices opine, its hard to ignore it specially when its touches or even skirts issues close to one's heart - like family.

Its at times like these - and today was one such day - when I'm thoroughly lost, at the cusp of taking a wrong step that I remember my mentor. Its a boon to have someone who genuinely cares for your well being, understands you, scolds you when you're silly and guides you back to the path of sensibility. I have been lucky to have worked with two people who I can count on and consider my mentors. Thanks to them for saving my day for me!

2 comments: