Oct 2, 2019

Best 2nd October Ever

   Me, and I suppose most people like me have grown up looking forward to 2nd October because its a holiday. Of course there has been the cribbing about waking up early morning to sing bhajans, but at least one can sleep the rest of the day! 

   But this year, it got better than ever. For once, I felt like ''the daily hell one goes through'' is worth it. The beauty is, we did nothing out of the ordinary. Just little things.. donated blood, with family. got a movie screened for 250 kids , majority of whom have never been inside a movie hall.. my elder one, gets pretty much everything he asks for in life and even he goes crazy with excitement when he goes to a mall or a theatre. Imagine the buzz among these kids! Their smiles, their happiness, just made everything worthwhile. 

   And then a small effort to help one of the most famous eat streets here switch out plastic to biodegradable stuff by teaming with their association and red cross to give them steel/glass/biodegradable things at 50% discount. The best part was that one of the boat owners was so happy with this that he offered to take us all on a boat ride to celebrate this effort! I promised him that I would return to ride his boat once we achieve our target of making this street 100% plastic free. I really hope I get to make that boat trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment