Mar 23, 2014

Rainy enigmatic nights

Its 12 in the night. A sudden burst of clouds. And rain.. 

I know a lot of people who swear by the goodness of early morning. The power that the sun brings and so forth. But the night.. I dont know how people skip the gorgeous dark quiet night for anything.. The perfect stillness. The amplified sounds of mundane things like the clock ticking.. im addicted to it..

And to that, rain.. my heart and mind just brims over.. I cannot get myself to sleep.. Today, as I stand on the steps of my porch after the rain, and take in the most blessed of smells - of rain on earth- and look around at the glistening quietness that is my garden, I feel overwhelmed with gratitude. For the life I have. For my family, and my few but dear friends. For my job, with which I share a love-hate relationship in the most literal sense. For the opportunities I get and for the mistakes I made that have made me stronger.

And not the least, for the dark rain in the night, and for being able to take in its beauty.. Today, I have no complains!

No comments:

Post a Comment