Jul 31, 2014

The End of an Era

I have been coming upon many retirements these days. Almost every month there is one. Every organisation I go to, I seem to have the privilege of seeing a couple of seniors off to their homes. While I thought that so many adieus in the past have made me kind of immune to them, today I find myself feeling at a loss.. for the retirement of an ex boss and a real mentor. Any amount of praise showered upon him would be meaningless.. He is beyond doubt someone we all will remember forever for being one of the most perfect gentlemen and an officer. 

My sense of loss is also due to the fact that my great health isnt allowing me to attend his farewell party and the feeling that I may never see him again in my life is extremely depressing. He is the one person, who without testing me, without pushing me, just inherently trusted me.. and had my back unquestioningly through miserable experiences.. I dont think there is another person in my workplace I can go to for almost anything the way I could to him.. 

I really want to wish him well and a lot of good wishes for his new life.. he's a poet and a litterateur and so I know he will keep himself busy. I do hope that in some way or the other, he is able to be a part of our lives even after he leaves this State.. 

Here's to you Mathew Sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment