Jan 12, 2014

2013

Something about January, I suppose, that makes you mull over the year that's passed. The previous one has been action packed and I wish I had recorded thoughts and events as they happened, for authenticity.

Nevertheless, to put it succinctly, I think I have to rate that so far, the most favourite part of my job is executing independent projects, where I have my own team, a target and an end result motivating enough to slog for. Rarely do people get this chance, forget so early in one's career. Since I have talked ad nauseum about it to friends I am not going to elaborate on the whole deal. The point is that, theres a time in ones career when you learn for yourself, what really pushes you and what makes you want to wake up every morning, raring to go? This doesnt come easy or soon. Im glad it did for me. 

Secondly, when I look back at my posts on elections, I have to say that after conducting yet another round, while some points I still stick to, I have developed a grudging fondness for the process. For no other reason that I have come to realise that it is one of the few things in life that is crystal clear. No greys. Just Black and White. In letter. That essentially means crazy amounts of hard work, but no tension lines on your forehead! No wondering how to balance opposing forces, how to interpret rules, to act or to wait, how to play these games that go with the job... Nothing. Its an amazing feeling, like when you have been swimming for a long long time.. no matter how good a swimmer you are and how much stamina you have, you begin to feel tired and you finally can touch your feet down on the pool floor and lift your head up and breathe...


No comments:

Post a Comment