Jan 12, 2014

Just another day

A post I found as a Draft on my dashboard dated 5th Feb 2013:
Its rare when unexpected rains, unexpected news come together on unexpectedly free day. What a lovely beautiful day it was and I was able to happily stroll the corridors, slowing down near the open courtyards to let the refreshingly cool breeze blow onto my face while my hands are buried deep and comfortably in my jacket pocket.. at that moment, all worries, thoughts, time ceases to exist.. there's one thing only - a smile, reflected on my face but felt through and through..

Even at the cost of sounding sentimental, I want to pen this down because a time like this is so... precious. Hardly do things come together in a way and at a time so perfectly that you are able to put all things aside and soak in the general feeling of all encompassing beauty and bonhomie. How often does one get a chance - irrespective of what they do in life - to just stop and smell that rain kissed earth and let the wind sweep away all that is negative in you? I for one cannot remember the last time I could or did do so. So I really want to just write this down so that, maybe on a day when the world seems like a cursed place to live -in - which it does every now and then unfailingly - I could just read through and perhaps relive this day.. and remind myself that the world is beautiful.. it is I who must find the ways and time to cherish it..

No comments:

Post a Comment