Mar 6, 2019

City Transport : Chasing mirages

   At first I was just trying to push it through as it was the 3rd tender in almost 2 years. I felt so close to finalising it , like just one step away! I could almost see the paper work in its final stage with just 2 signatures pending. But I have now hit a roadblock. And Im really annoyed. Now standing at this roadblock, even though its making me fume, its also making me think of better ways to model this. 

  Its interesting that when I go online, almost all research like literature available speaks of the lack of a mature reliable concession agreement for this activity despite its ample scope for PPPs.

  Immediately I am reminded of a document we drafted in education for PPP. Two months of intensive time and energy we poured into it, drafting each and every word ourselves, despite the option of outsourcing this to a consultant.. How proud I was of that piece of work.. only to be shelved because of political compulsions.. 

  Anyhow, that and those days are way behind me now.. Looking ahead, I hope to be able to find time to read and understand this sector a bit better and come up with a model that is a balance of doable, quick and sustainable, even if not absolutely ideal. 

Aim: Get at least some routes running before Diwali.

No comments:

Post a Comment