Mar 29, 2019

'New Experiences' : too many for a day!


Random day at work..

   You're are referred back a matter which you have already half opined on and half its out of your jurisdiction / control to opine on. With directions to get technical experts' view on it. So you write a letter to the powers that control those technical experts. Felt normal. Felt right. But what do you get in return? A deeply offended said power that be for looping self into a possibly tricky decision making scene, looking to steer clear of this altogether!

   5 locations. Lunch. Reaches late at 1 venue. The reaction - you would think that these people haven't eaten for days! Breaking lines, fighting with each other, abusing organisers to their face.. I mean, lunch reached. It reached 2 hours late, but it reached. And of course, the ubiquitous cellphone was readily available to catch all the drama and have it circulated everywhere.

  A whatsapp group formed, cutting across hierarchies to monitor a grave situation. Point was to communicate and monitor complaints asap for the earliest possible redressal. And then someone wrote someone a letter which someone found demeaning (which I totally did not get) and decided to post it on the group.. and all of a sudden, a simple, official tool for improving efficiencies in the system snowballed and was on the verge of a full blown rebellion with others joining in the chorus of injustice! I am quite certain many of them wouldn't know what the hell they are supporting except that they are yes-sir-ing their boss. Managed to nip it off, but it left me amazed at the kind of day I was having!

   A call from someone claiming to be the relative (close one) of the highest post in the land.. wanting an appointment. They got one. And they wanted to share with me how hot this place has gotten for tourists and how a friend of theirs loaned someone 16 lakhs and now every time he asks for the money back, the loanee starts crying. I seriously dont know what they expected me to do about either of the things!
   
   I think I am missing some more nuggets out, but thats as much as my brain could store for a day I suppose. Shall add a post script if need be later. So thats been one crazy day, with so called new experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment