Dec 14, 2009

Catharsis

     At the outset, i accept, no one can and should try and justify losing their temper. But when someone comes into your office every now and then, and tries to pressurize you to do something that you have to take time over, and speaks to you rudely on top of it, at a time when you've been working up frustrations for a while.. Well, I lost it and yelled my head off.

       Thinking of it now, it makes me laugh how both of us traded threats - he telling me how this'll cost me my job and I telling him to shut up and get out and how the two others standing inside quietly sneaked out leaving us to our shouting competition and the entire staff peering in through the glass door. The further away in time I am from the incident, the more stupid I feel and the more it makes me laugh. But I must admit that, keeping the 'right thing' and the 'maturity' I should maintain aside for a bit, that one good outburst was a real catharsis for all the negativity that's been building up for a while now. Out it spewed and refreshed me. What I'm afraid of is getting addicted to this. So easy to spew forth the venom but so hard to undo the damage. Hope I 'grow up' soon enough to inculcate this before  its too late!

2 comments:

  1. part of your job...:)
    it is always difficult to please everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can link this incident with me also...but anyways thats part of such "high tension job"..

    ReplyDelete