Dec 5, 2009

The 'Party'

   I suppose its the tradition and I'm getting unnecessarily sentimental about it, but somehow, I can't help feeling touched about the little meal my staff and I had together today. With lots of luck and support from superiors, one of the trickiest assignments I've had to handle so far was successfully completed end of last month. And despite the misgivings and complaints many had against my staff - not all misplaced -  and the pressures I had to put up for them, I would be lying if  I even think this would've gone off well without them. Ultimately, as a fresher, I depended too much on my staff. Its only because they could respond to things properly almost all the time did we manage things decently. Learnt a lot from that experience: how good leadership makes good staff and good staff is what brings success.

   Anyways, I suppose all these things were on my mind as we all sat together at 'Bhoothnath' for a traditional meal of Daal - Baati - Churma, near a tiny pond and surrounded by rocky hills. Lots of food, lots of chillies and lots of laughter at this get together that everyone called a 'party' to my amusement. Stuffed myself to death.

   We're all now back to the grind, gearing up for the next round of this task, bigger one than the last I'm told. But for me, the best thing about this one meal was that ir seemed to have put away all the hard feelings I may have caused last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment